Schiff: Trump may face ‘real prospect of jail time’
If you take the words of Rep. Schiff and a 9 December 2018 piece in The Hill, President Trump may have the “real prospect of jail time” ahead of him.
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) on Sunday said that President Trump might “face the real prospect of jail time” after prosecutors indicated last week that he directed illegal payments during his 2016 presidential campaign.
“There’s a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office, the Justice Department may indict him. That he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time,” he said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”
(Read more at The Hill)
How can Schiff do this? Is he:
- Purposely trying to pretend there was never an FEC ruling that Democrat John Edwards’ hush money was not a violation of campaign finance law?
- Trying to invalidate the position of the philanderer-in-chief Bill Clinton (that the President’s personal life remained totally separate from his official life)?
- Not remembering the backlash in presidential approval that occurred in 1998 when the House impeached the president on charges many saw as a personal matter?
- Not seeing that American commerce has been running like a well-oiled machine now that Democrat regulations have been removed?
- Not remembering that “It’s the economy, stupid?”
Since Schiff is a Democrat, maybe:
- He has forgotten that the House midterm elections provided a historically-low result for the Democrats and the blue wave turned to a blue trickle.
- He has forgotten that some of his Democrats are in Republican states and some barely survived the wrath over Kavanaugh.
- He has forgotten that the Republican hold on the Senate has become firmer by several seats.
- He has forgotten that (while the House can impeach with a simple majority) it takes 67 votes in the Senate to remove a president.
- He has forgotten that Obama broke campaign finance law and was fined $375,00 in 2008 alone
Or maybe there are other things he has forgotten.
Breck Worsham 🇺🇸 (@RebekahWorsham) December 10, 2018
The only reason we know Hillary Clinton and DNC secretly bought and paid for Russian info operation was because the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…—
Mollie (@MZHemingway) December 11, 2018