|Pelosi would like to have the Democrat party work both ways on the pro-life/pro-abortion debate,
but the pro-abortionists won’t have it.
Media Silent on Democrats Departing from the Pro-Abortion Orthodoxy
As reported in a 31 July 2017 Daily Caller article, Nancy Pelosi may be facing a fight over a commitment made by the Party.
The Democratic party is facing a revolt from the left after the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee chairman said the party would back pro-life candidates in 2018.
The DCCC chairman, Rep. Ben Ray Lujan, told The Hill that there will not be “a litmus test” for candidates on the subject of abortion. Lujan’s comments come as Democrats attempt to rebuild a broken party that has hemorrhaged elected offices on both the state and national level.
Lujan’s comments sparked immediate outrage from left-wingers.
“I’m afraid I’ll be with holding support for the DCCC if this is true,” said former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, whose name was briefly floated this year as a candidate for DNC chair.
“What better strategy than to betray their base and reaffirm that women’s basic rights are negotiable and disposable,” said prominent liberal columnist Jill Filipovic.
“Reducing the rights of those with child-bearing capacity to a mere matter of opinion is utterly unconscionable,” declared New Republic writer Rachel Cote. She added: “The Democratic Party is in fact saying that there’s ‘no litmus test’ regarding their colleagues’ support of basic bodily autonomy. Terrible.”
Renee Sherman, a board member of the pro-choice group NARAL Pro-Choice America, called Lujan out by name on Twitter for not kicking pro-life candidates out of the party.
“I had an abortion. I’d love to chat with you about why my healthcare access is up for debate to win elections. Let’s talk,” said Sherman. She added: “I understand not everyone supports abortion, but you don’t have to put party money behind candidates who will take access away.”
(Read more at the Daily Caller)
With the Democrat’s “new message” about a “Better Deal,” seems like that message is just lipstick on a pig. As much as I would like to see a pro-life Democrat candidate, the money flowing from Cecile Richards and Planned Parenthood-affiliated seems to have gagged the Democrat party.
Tweets Relevant to this Democrat Civil War over Pro-Life/Pro-Abort
Democrat Party Now Has “No Interest” in Working With Pro-Life Democrats @LifeNewsHQhttps://t.co/XqaDtBZHh7
— All American Girl (@AIIAmericanGirI) August 10, 2017
#DoomedToFail Democrat Campaign Spokeswoman Contradicts: ‘No Interest’ in Working with Pro-Life Democrats https://t.co/PMw763dsOj
— KatieB (@RavenNightMyst) August 11, 2017
— John Marshall (@John_W_Marshall) August 11, 2017
|Tiara Brooke Lycans|
Media Silent on Lesbian Trying to Silence a Christian Judge
A 29 July 2017 New York Daily News article provides witness to anti-Christian bigotry of the Left.
A Christian judge has twice declined to recuse himself from a divorce case, after a lesbian mother filed motions citing his stance against homosexuality.
Tiara Brooke Lycans also petitioned the Alabama Court of Civil Appeals, which denied her request for recusal Thursday.
She also argued that Bell, a political conservative and member of the Baptist church, “publicly expressed belief that homosexual relationships and marriages are contrary to God’s Law” — a stance she believes could influence his ruling on the custody of her child with husband, Zachary Lycans, court documents show, Al.com reported.
Judge Bell has, in his initial pending ruling on custody, granted the Lycans joint physical custody of their child alternating weekly. The appeals court noted that he had ruled the same way in two other divorce cases involving lesbian mothers.
(Read more at the New York Daily News)
If she can find proof that this judge has ruled in ways that would shift power from the powerless, then she should speak out. Otherwise, she is just posturing for the court.
A Tweet Relevant to the Case
#Lesbian mother wants a new judge for divorce, current judge … https://t.co/c5FfGhBTgj #Alabama #TiaraBrookeLycans #ZacharyThomasLycans
— Joy105.com (@Joy105com) August 2, 2017
Media Silent on Trump Successes
Although the press has made scattered notes of Trump’s successes (each linked below), they uniformly avoid puling together a list of his successes like the one that follows.
- Appointing Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court and pushing to have him confirmed;
- Withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership;
- Defending his position in E.O. 13780 (“Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry”);
- Pushing to start construction on the border wall;
- Supporting Kate’s law;
- Establishing VOICE (Victims of Immigrant CrimE) for US victims of illegal alien crime;
- Banning those who identify as transgender from serving in the military;
- Using the Department of Justice to declare sexual orientation is not a Civil Right;
- Supporting the “nuclear option” to end the legislative filibuster;
- Signing HR255 that authorizes the National Science Foundation to support entrepreneurial programs for women;
- Holding Senate Republicans accountable for repealing Obamacare;
- Freezing (through a 20 January 2017 EO) implementation of all pending regulations until those regulations are approved by his administration;
- Requiring (through a 30 January 2017 EO) that any federal agency proposing a new regulation also identify two regulations to be repealed;
- Signing HR72 authorizing the Government Accountability Office to obtain all federal agency records needed for the GAO to perform its duties;
- Unwinding the Environmental Protection Agency’s carbon rules that increase electricity bills;
- Stopping Obama’s “Fiduciary Rule,” which would make it much more costly for retirees to receive financial advice;
- Working with Congress to repeal 13 Obama-era regulations via the Congressional Review Act.
- Supporting law-and-order to end violent gangs like MS-13;
- Pushing to end the Obama policy that forces taxpayers to pay for Congress’ healthcare;
- Working to end Obama’s illegal insurance subsidies.